Our Next Session Starts Soon
December 13th @ 6pm PST
WHY CREATIVE WRITING CLASSES?
ABOUT THE WORD UP KIDS METHOD
In a typical Word Up Kids class, students are given non-threatening fun challenges and the tools to take them on. With every hurdle they clear, every challenge they successfully overcome, their enjoyment and ability to express themselves in writing grows. Their confidence grows even more.
WHY WORD UP KIDS?
We believe that a child’s confidence in his or her ability to write, along with the tools learned in every Word Up Kids class, are essential to future educational, social and personal success.
AN ADDED BONUS
How the Course is Structured
- Weekly Classes – Each week, students work on their expressive writing skills through the following:
- Captivating pre-recorded videos that kick off the week’s lesson.
- Writing assignments and exercises focusing on building the creative process and reducing writer’s block.
- Live online courses with Craig and other students in which the week’s projects are shared and discussed.
- Creative Journal – Students will be asked to keep a journal of creative writing entries, both to use as a reference point in beginning writing assignments and to encourage the validity of their voice.
- Published Group “Chat Book” – At the end of the course, each student will become a published writer! Craig and the kids will put together a collection of their writings to be formally published, validating each kid’s hard work and effort in a tangible fashion.
- Private Tutoring – For any kid who may need or want a little extra guidance in finding their voice, Craig is available for private tutoring sessions.
WHAT’S UNIQUE ABOUT WORD UP KIDS?
Our method is learner-centered. We do not give the children writing prompts, but rather, we teach the children a creative process to discover their own prompts. To borrow a cliché, we don’t feed the children fish, we teach them to fish.
WHAT IS WORD UP KIDS BASED ON?
Mastering this creative process has a major impact on a young student’s writing. Finding the deep voice within, learning to use its tonal dynamics, and the ability to write from the right side of the brain are the most significant skills any student can possess as a writer. Although this all sounds a bit advanced for a grade school child, the proof is in the pudding. Children find their true voice, and learn a technique that allows them to reach their reader with a compelling voice
TESTIMONIALSParents & Teachers Love Us
Method Writing - Online (Dec. 13th @ 6pm PST)
If your son or daughter LOVES writing and wishes to take their work to the next level,
or if they struggle with it and need help organizing their thoughts and expressing themselves with confidence, PLEASE sign them up for my foundational course being offered this Summer.
The foundational course contains eight modules for expanding your child’s writing and beyond. Your child will learn a creative writing craft that will inform any style they enjoy: journalism, nonfiction, screenwriting, fiction, journal writing, poetry, songwriting and personal essay writing.
Every Sunday you will receive a recorded lecture containing the week’s learning and exercises. Your child will spend anywhere from 10-20 minutes a day keeping a creative journal and practicing that week’s exercise.
Every Thursday I will go LIVE on a private Facebook group and conduct a Q&A with students. They can ask questions, receive feedback, listen to and interact with other students from all over the world.
Designed primarily for middle and high school students, variations are included for younger children who are advanced and have an increased desire to burnish their writing skills.
Eighty(8) 60 minutes sessions: $99.99
Classes will be held online using Zoom.us Video Conferencing
Private Sessions On Location
Weekly Private Sessons in Private Residence:
$120 1 hour
$150 1 ½ hours
Workshop in Private Residence (5 weeks, 1 hour per session):
$225/student (5+ students)
$275/student (4 students)
$320/student (3 students)
$360/student (2 students)
PHONE: (310) 456-4770
MAIL: 169 N. Clark Drive Suite D, Beverly Hills, CA 90211